Monday, July 09, 2012

Suitcases of memories

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick, And think of you.

Twelve years is a long time. But it seems so short now. People change. Things happen.

In the last month, I haven't talked about this with anyone yet, except my husband. He's great as always. I'm not sure if my need to post about it now is a sign I'm healing, or a call for help. It's so very hard. I miss her. You know, she just lives up the street. She's right there in plain view almost every day. And it was nobody's fault. What we shared, beautiful as it was, was not complete. Not for her, anyway. She was good with that for a long time, but she's at a different stage in her life. But when two women tell each other they'll still be friends, they both know things can't ever be that way.

Still, I love her.

If you're lost you can look, and you will find me
Time after time.
If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting
Time after time.

No comments: